This class is open to the general public and LMTs, LVNs, RNs, and LCSWs for Continuing Education.
Reflexology is one of the most researched and endorsed CAM (Complementary Alternative Medicine) therapies in the United States. It is easily incorporated into massage or other types of bodywork and it is simple to learn and practice. Reflexology for the hands was created to give the student a basic practical knowledge for working with the reflexes located in the hands to promote relaxation and wellness for self-care and for working with others.
The first half of the class will include:
• A brief history and benefits of reflexology
• Using reflexology with massage
• Anatomy of the wrist and hand
• Conditions and contraindications
• Reflex points of the hands
• Non painful reflexology techniques
The second half of the class will cover advanced methods for assessing common issues and non-invasive techniques for resolution of specific complaints in the hands and wrist.
Topics covered include:
• Self-care for client and therapist
• Advanced NRT® Assessment and Resolution Techniques
• Case studies for Carpal Tunnel, inflammation Issues (Arthritis), and working with Old injuries, Neuropathy and Pain
• Developing a customized Reflexology session using painless procedures for addressing common hand/wrist issues
There will be ample time to practice and all supplies are provided including: a comprehensive manual and certificate of completion.
Classes are open to the general public and healthcare professionals. Nurses, Massage Therapists, Social workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Marriage Counselors earn 7.5 contact hours or CEU's upon completion. For RNs, LVNs & LCSWs there is a $20 processing fee to receive CE's.